For Immediate Release:
COMMUNITY GROUPS TO HOLD FORUM ON STATUS OF DULLES METRORAIL,
AND BROAD COMMUNITY SUPPORT FOR A TUNNEL FOR TYSONS
Tysons Corner, Va. (Nov. 3, 2008) — Numerous Tysons Corner, McLean, Vienna and other
Northern Virginia community organizations will hold an open forum called “The People's Voice — Support the Tunnel” that will explore the advantages of a tunnel and related Dulles Metrorail issues at the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner on Nov. 12.
At this session local political leaders and leaders of area business organizations, civic
associations and environmental groups will discuss the negative impact of the proposed aerial structure on the future development of Tysons Corner, the positive benefits a tunnel and competitive bidding would provide taxpayers in the Old Dominion.
The event is brought to you by:
- Ashgrove Plantation Homeowners Association
- Great Falls Citizens Association
- Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Tysons Green Civic Association
- The Lewinsville Coalition
- Mantua Citizens Association
- McLean Citizens Association
- McLean Estates Homeowners Association
- National Heritage Foundation
- North Rosslyn Civic Association
- Sierra Club
- The Town of Vienna
- Tysons Manor Homeowners Association
- Tysons Tunnel
- Westbriar Civic Association
- and more
||The People's Voice—Support the Tunnel. A public forum at which political and community leaders will discuss the future of Dulles Metrorail, a tunnel for the project and answer questions posed by the concerned citizens of Tysons Corner, McLean, Vienna and throughout Northern Virginia.
||Nov. 12 @ 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 7 p.m.)
||Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, Va.
||To update local citizens on the status of the Dulles Metrorail project and to answer community member questions about the overall project and the tunnel.
# # #
For media inquiries:
Alan Greilsamer / Communications Resources, LLC